Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My first finished (and successful) bloomers



I can't believe how well these turned out! I spent about 2 mins cutting out the pattern, 10 mins sewing the pants, 30 mins doing the bloody ruffles (but they're so cute), and another 30 mins finishing the pants off by adding elastic and tidying up edges. Very impressed and they will look gorgeous on Mia's chunky little legs this coming summer. And I love the red fabric too (thanks to Funky Fabrix at Mitchelton).





So I got all confident and made another pair, this time in just over an hour. This fabric was also from Funky Fabrix - great shop, highly addictive. The pattern came from here too ($9.95 bargain!). Fabric - not so cheap. But I had some left over and made a little brooch which I think will look very cute on a white t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment