Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gorgeous George!


Well, take a look at the definion of "a labour of love". Had I known how long this bloody giraffe would take to make I would have had second thoughts (then left the pattern in the shop and saved myself $14!). I had plans of making them as presents for friends who had new babies (and there are many imminent arrivals) but unless Jesus himself is born again, I think I'll shelve this idea. From cutting out the pattern to the final finishing touch it took around 6-7 hours. Not like the little frilly bloomers that can be whipped up in about an hour....... It wasn't difficult, it was just fiddly.
But then I feel bad for complaining because he's just soooooo cute and full of character! And I love this fabric too.

N.B - Friends, don't be put off. If you REALLY want one, let me know. But you may need to bribe me with alcohol to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment