Friday, November 5, 2010

Dolly, dolly, which one shall I make?

I recently visited the Craft Show at the Convention Centre. Whilst it was more geared for quilters I found one little gem of fabric from my favourite stallholder, Peppermint Stitches. I'm grateful their actual shop is about 30 minutes from home so I don't get there very often - it's too easy OD on fabric.
This is called Rag Doll Panel by Patty Young. It was about $13 for the three dolls so it would make a very economical present for a little girl's birthday. The dolls are about 40cm tall so they're a reasonable size to work with.
I thought it would be quick and easy to make. I was right about the easy but not the quick. It was just fiddly and placing the stuffing into the limbs so that they weren't too stiff but not too floppy (hmmmm, that sounds rude!) was quite challenging.

But the one doll I made turned out nicely and a gorgeous little girl I know is getting her for her second birthday. I also made a removable skirt and necklace. The ballet shoes are sewn on.

I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment